Saturday, October 14, 2006

Middle School Love: If Only It Stayed This Easy

Sappily sweet and funny, this is a note I confiscated this week, from a 7th grade boy to the love of his life:

Whatever N says 2 U is not true. I love U, and I care about U! I'm not using U 2 Kiss U and then dump U!! And I'm not going to dump U don't worry. N is just being a jerk, I don't Know why he would say that about U. So don't listen to anything he says. I really do love U and care about U. OH and here is a picture of me I might get my picture retaken so if I do I'll give U another. I still want 2 kiss U. How about tomorrow behind the tree in the corner, eather one. OH, and A said that N was saying that stuff because he likes U. But I don't know if that is true or not.

LOVE,
S

5 comments:

Nellie said...

That is hilarious!

Ruth said...

It doesn't sound very easy to me! What with S and N and A and getting your picture taken and getting dumped and meeting behind the tree...(by the way, the flexibility about which tree is a nice touch!). I am grateful every day not to be a middle schooler any more!

donna said...

How is the Bonesetter's Daughter? I think that's one of the few Amy Tan books I haven't read yet.

Bridget said...

Middle schoolers make me laugh. Especially when it comes to their love lives.

I'm not sure about the Bonesetter's Daughter yet, Donna. It's one of those where she goes back and forth from different narrators' perspectives. I'm not sure if "works" yet or not.

a(vb)scene said...

do your kids read your blog? if so, this could be like the ultimate trauma-inducing moment of this kid's life! now, my conscience aside, what a brilliant post!