Sunday, November 16, 2008

Feeling Crafty

Every once in the while I get the urge to be crafty. It often ends up in a massively screwed-up project, but lately I've been able to actually finish a couple of things, and like the results.

The first was changing out all the hardware on the dressers in my bathroom. You may wonder why I have dressers in my bathroom...well, as I've said before, the lady I bought my house from was crazy, and there is really no explanation for a lot of it. This isn't terribly hard to understand though--one was used for the sink, and the other is just storage. But, I've never been thrilled about the hardware on them, so last week when we were in Minneapolis I bought some new hardware, and put it on last weekend.

Before:


After:


I also have been looking around for a new camera strap, as the one that came with the camera is itchy and generally uncomfortable. Then, I found this tutorial for making a slipcover for the strap.

So I headed off to the fabric store, and came home with a deal--all the fabric you see below (2-3 yards of each) for $20!!! The light green/purple one is even upholstery fabric.

Since my camera is black, I decided the red and black print would look good as a camera strap slipcover.

Here's how it turned out on its own:

And here it is in use (thanks to PhotoBooth)

It turned out pretty decent, I think. It's a little tighter on the camera strap than I thought it would be, but I think it's going to work.

1 comment:

donna said...

Very inspiring! I just might have to make a trip to the fabric store myself soon!