Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Chocolate stout in all its glory

There is a beef roast with Rogue chocolate stout in the crockpot right now, smelling delicious. I didn't want to waste the rest of the bottle, and it's a little early for me to be drinking the stuff, so I'm trying these brownies too. They are currently baking in the oven, and if the batter left in the bowl is any indication, they might turn out to be delicious too.

I also reordered cable this morning. It's been nearly a year and a half since I canceled my cable, and I'm ready to have it back. I miss it. And, I think after going without it for quite a while, I will watch it a bit differently than I did before. I'm used to long stretches of silence, and actually really appreciate them. What I am looking forward to is watching some of my favorite shows when everyone else does, and having more options for working out at home (Fit TV), and having more options for watching when I'm on the bike trainer. And reality shows. Of course. :)

3 comments:

donna said...

Yum! I'm sure your house smells delicious right now!

Rogue Advocate said...

Thanks for the shout out about Rogue Chocolate Stout. Being the face on the bottle, I blog about this beer and would love to link your post! http://www.RogueChocolateStout.com Also, thanks for the cupcake link ~ another great recipe thats easily adapted for RCS and Rogue Spirits Single Malt or Dead Guy Whiskey!
Hope your travels take you to Newport, Oregon so you can try Rogue at the brewery. Cheers, ~ sebbie

Jill said...

I hope the brownies turned out well!
Cheers,
Jill (the bionic baker)