Friday, June 09, 2006

We had an all-school skating party today, and it was so much fun! I wasn't exactly looking forward to today after many restless nights of sleeplessness, but it was definitely more fun than I had thought it would be. For one thing, the little kids were hilarious. Most of them couldn't skate well, and the 1st grade teacher told her kids they had to wear helmets, and lots of them did. That was really cute. Also, the "couple skate" brought back so many memories of middle school...ah, the drama. It also reminded me of the many Saturday mornings my brothers and I used to spend skating at Magic Wheels, a skating rink near our house. I think there's actually a picture of me when I was 5 skating with someone dressed up as a giant pink carebear.

Probably the best part of the skating party was that one of the teachers requested some music from the good old days--Wannabe by the Spice Girls, and Girls Just Wanna Have Fun by Cyndi Lauper. Bring on the 80s.

No comments: