Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Frustrated

I'm frustrated right now. I just found out that student health doesn't cover birth control. Sorry if that's TMI for anyone, but seriously...a student health insurance plan doesn't cover birth control pills? Is there another group of people who need to consider contraception more strongly?

Oh, and it also doesn't cover well woman exams. I guess preventative medicine is just too expensive. Or women are too expensive, one or the other...

And why is it that the less money you make, the more you have to pay for things? I understand that my employer was kicking in for my health insurance, but still...I'm getting quite shitty coverage as a student, and still paying probably 1/3 to 1/2 of what it cost for the kick-ass plan I had that covered medical, dental, and vision.

Just a little rant...on health insurance. Exciting, no?

No comments: