Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Teaching Sucks Sometimes

This week, and I know it's only Tuesday, has made me want to quit teaching very badly. I woke up in a good mood yesterday, but the day just went downhill. First, a parent who wants me to figure out why her daughter doesn't have friends, and to help her make friends. Okay...manageable though not really what I want to do. Then, yesterday after school a mother yelled at me.

Not a discussion, or rational talking, but YELLING. And in front of other people on the parking lot. Over something ridiculous. I don't mind parents disagreeing with me or asking me about why I choose to do what I do. But this was nothing like that. She was just M-E-A-N.

I need a mental health day and soon. It's only September... The bright light in all of this is that the Gilmore Girls' premier is tonight. Whee.

3 comments:

Chef Mayhem said...

Don't forget The Office Thursday night at 8:30. That's worth like a couple mental health days right there.

Ruth said...

Sorry about the bad day. We are having Spirit Week right now and I feel similarly. Everyone is supposed to dress up in ridiculous ways and they behave like idiots to go along with their attire.

Bridget said...

Thanks guys. Usually it takes me until about Feb. to feel this way, but this year's 7th grade just has a lot of...issues.