Wednesday, January 03, 2007

The Tact of Middle Schoolers

So some of my 8th graders were giggling today. I gave them a quizzical look, and one brave one said "Ms. D, you have a sunglasses tan."

True, true. Unfortunately I do have a line of demarcation at the top of my nose, and no freckles around my eyes. I also have freckles on only half of my forehead because of my bangs.

I noticed it happening too, but couldn't bear to be without my shades. Probably because my future's so bright. :)

Because of middle schoolers, all middle school teachers can be confident they will always instantly know about all flaws--physical, fashion, or otherwise. And we'll know any time we're wearing shoes exactly like those of one of our student's mothers. That really happened last year.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

:-) My students have pretty much given up on me, I guess. Probably because I am the same age as lots of their mothers. And their mothers are much, much more fashion-conscious than I am!

The only time I ever hear about what I'm wearing is on the rare occasion when one of them likes something I'm wearing, and then they gush about it.