Saturday, February 10, 2007

Speaking of libraries and reading...

I think Silicon Valley Reads is an amazing idea. Basically, a book is chosen and everyone in the Silicon Valley is encouraged to read it at the same time. The local libraries order tons of copies, and then there are all kinds of live events like book discussions and interviews with the authors. I read last year's pick, When the Emperor Was Divine, but I didn't make it to any of the events. This year's book, The Tortilla Curtain, is on my request list at the library, so hopefully I'll get my hands on it soon.

2 comments:

meganleah said...

Hey Bridget.

I read "When the Em.." last year also. I liked it alot. What did you think?

-Megan

Bridget said...

I loved it. I read "Farewell to Manzanar" around the same time, and they were both really interesting.