Monday, December 08, 2008

Be Prepared...for Broadway

The theme of yesterday's service at church was "Be Prepared," as part of Advent. During the offering, a man, I think a tenor, sang a beautiful song accapella. The only words were "Prepare ye the way of the Lord," and the tune was really pretty. And I thought I had heard it before...I was running through the places I might have heard it in my head...The Messiah? No...and then I realized it--it's from Godspell! A YouTube video when I got home confirmed it. My church is singing showtunes for the offertory. I guess that's what I get for going to the contemporary service, which I really go to more for the time than the music. Going to church at 11 AM seems much more sabbath-like to me than 8:30. I guess if you want to sleep in you just have to put up with a few showtunes here and there.

No comments: