Sunday, May 03, 2009

General Updates

I haven't felt much inspired to write lately, so bland is the order of the day. Of the weekend really, since I am supposed to be studying for exams. I'm finding it difficult, but pressing on. Today I got mostly through respiration and phonation, and made a muscle chart with the irritating abbductor/adductor/tensor/relaxor/intrinsic/extrinsic/suprahyoid/infrahyoid distinctions. Seriously, if you really need to know if a muscle is an adductor or a tensor during therapy, you'll look it up.

I'm putting off studying for the GRE (to be taken on Thursday) until the Mon. and Tues. exams are done, and I'm trying to put off looking for a job until after that, to hopefully increase focus. But I get sucked in sometimes...the lack of options makes me feel like I need to look extra hard, even when I should be reviewing minute sections of bone like the lesser cornu of the hyoid bone.

A bright spot in the weekend was church. I've been going to a new church for the past few weeks, and I like it. As an INTJ, social activities like this, particularly new-to-me ones, take so much energy...but it's been worth it. I've met some really great people, and I think I might stick around for a while. After having lived here almost 2 years now, and having met only the people I used to work with, it's time for a social scene. I like to keep to myself, but not that much...

Let's see, other news...not much....the cat may be shaved like a lion soon, due to mats and my general desire to see her shaved like a lion...I hope to make some more hummus and tabouli this week...I'm making my own lattes and made it to milk Monday (cheaper milk!) without having to restock...yeah, all in all, a rather uninteresting bit here. Unless of course you find inner hair cell damage and formants interesting. In that case, I'm the most interesting person you know.

3 comments:

donna said...

Yay for formants!

Bridget said...

Donna--do you use formants in your work too? That would be really interesting...is it for speech recognition?

donna said...

No, not really at work, but we used spectrograms in grad school. Fun stuff!