Tuesday, November 09, 2010

When All Is Well

Last week was pretty crappy. Think breaking down in a professor's office crying, snot running down my face, hyperventilating. Kind of a mental breakdown. This semester in general has been difficult, and last week it just felt like there were far too many expectations, internal and external to live up to. Thankfully, it is in the past.

Tonight was my small group night, and we talked about our childhoods, and laughed. And laughed some more, and ended up singing the song from the commercials for My Buddy. After a crappy week like last week where there was more doubt in my mind than anything else, it just felt incredibly good to really share with people, and know that in that place I can just be myself. It was one of those nights when I left small group and just felt content.

2 comments:

The Gilded Martini said...

if you ever need a quick get away then come and see us and we'll cook and eat all weekend
john j

Hannah G said...

So sorry you had a rough week. But wow, that My Buddy commercial brings back funny memories. A doll for boys. Nice try, but unless it came equipped with some sort of weapon, exhibited an amazing superpower, had a movie or TV tie-in, or could transform into an airplane, it was, alas destined to fail.
Anyway, I'm glad to hear things are looking up again.