Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The First Snow!

It is a good morning. I woke up to an email that 2 classes for the day are canceled, and the quizzes in those classes have been postponed to next week. Hooray!

It is also snowing, and today that makes me happy. It makes me thankful that seasons change, things die and also come back to life, and there is a feeling of incredible coziness being snuggled in on the couch in my PJs drinking my coffee under a blanket while the wind whips the snow around outside. I'm sure I won't feel the same when I'm actually walking across campus this afternoon in the wind, but for now it's nice.

1 comment:

Hannah G said...

I used to love the first snow. I still love snow when I have nowhere to go. But I'm afraid it's hard to enjoy it when it means months of trying to locate and put on hats, gloves, coats, snow pants, and boots for four kids everyday just so we can get out the front door. It's amazing how difficult and time-consuming it is to find a matching pair of gloves in this house. Oh well. Someday these kids will be able to dress themselves, and snow will be fun again for their parents. ;)

Enjoy the coziness!