Sunday, January 01, 2006

The New Year's Plan


Okay, so it's 11:15pm, and the New Year's plan is in full swing. Ordinarily I would be somewhere with my family, or on an airplane, but this time I'm at home. So, to make it extra-festive, here's the plan. First, I went out to dinner and a movie with friends. This was unforseen, but fun. We saw Memoirs of a Geisha, which was much more Hollywood than the book, but that's to be expected. Post-movie, I'm going to drink champagne out of little pink cans with a pink bendy straw. OK, it's really sparkling wine, but it's fun. Just the idea of wine out of a can is cool. As I drink the champagne, I'll do one of two things--watch some tv countdown, or read more of Anna Karenina. I read a summary online today, and realized that she is a tragic figure. Perhaps not the best name for a baby then, although Anna does mean grace. I wonder if Tolstoy knew that.

No comments: