Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Frantico

There are so many things I'd like to write/post about, and so little good computer access and time in which to do it. I dropped off my laptop today in Sioux Falls, hoping that it can be salvaged. Then Dave and I had drinks tonight at the Blue Mountain Club in OC, which was a really good time. Tomorrow my nephew will be here to be babysat, and Friday I leave for Haiti. I also have been thinking a lot about the grotesque in N'west Iowa (more to come later), and what makes me go back to Haiti (other than Miss Charite). I also detest slow computers, and lack of wireless internet access. I'm also lamenting the loss of the SJ libraries for the summer...they're so awesome. The Hull library had exactly 2 books on CD, and stacks of Christian romance novels, ick.

So I don't know when I'll blog again, whether or not I'll have access in Haiti, etc. Wish me luck on the journey--it's pretty much a quest since it'll take a full 4 days to get there and back. Hooray for having bought books in preparation. This will be the month I finish Anna Karenina.

4 comments:

Nellie said...

Have a great time in Haiti! I am sorry to hear about your computer. I agree with your laments on slow computers and connections!

Ruth said...

Hey Bridget, did I already share this poem with you?

donna said...

I hope they can fix your computer!

Have fun in Haiti- good luck on your journey there and back!

Bridget said...

Thanks for the well wishes, everyone.

And thanks for the poem, Ruth. Sadly, Mademoiselle Karenina will have to stay home from this trip. She's too darn cumbersome and won't fit with all the other stuff I'm bringing Charity.