Monday, February 22, 2010

Not so triumphant

If I remember right, my last post was triumphant, pleased with myself for my workout progress. Ah, how quickly the mighty fall.

And how quickly I become mired in my own mind. It's those darn high standards, and wanting to do things all or nothing. Life just doesn't work that way. Like today, I got a test back, with a grade much lower than I wanted or expected. It's not the end of the world. It's not even a terrible grade in the grand scheme of things, but it is definitely not up to my expectation of myself.

And tonight, this self-imposed perfectionism, in certain areas, has me bogged down. I'm sure that expectations that I can really get it all together and keep it all together aren't helping, but that's really how I would like things to go. Until my magic wand appears, I guess I'll have to live with mediocre.

No comments: