Friday, June 18, 2010

MSP

I spent the last three days up in Minneapolis, and it felt so much like a weekend away that I've had to stop a number of times today to figure out what day it is (Friday, not Monday). That's the nice thing about a mid-week getaway, you still have a weekend.

A trip means that school is indeed over, and I was really happy with how things turned out. Our group earned the high score on our final (as we did on our midterm), which I thought was quite an accomplishment with six different people contributing to the final result.

Minneapolis included some quick shopping, a lot of good eating that can't be done in SF, like thai food, pizza luce, a downtown St. Paul brewery with wheat beer brewed with lemongrass, some geocaching, attempting a Twins game ($40 for standing room only tickets was a no go for me), and a quick visit to the Minneapolis Institute of Arts and the Walker Art Center's sculpture garden. I was a little disappointed at the MIA because the collection of photographs of the South were gone, and the other photographs on display were closed because they were finishing a new installation. Boo. But it was still worth going.

Oh, and I forgot, Chipotle. Mmm.

On the way home it hailed on my car, and despite fearing the worst, there isn't any hail damage, for which I am grateful.


Hail


Garlic mashed potato pizza at Pizza Luce


A view of the St. Croix river from a park in Hudson, WI, while geocaching

1 comment:

Bridget said...

Ryan, the only one we didn't get to was Acropol, and not for a lack of wanting to! :) Have fun next weekend, hopefully the bambino doesn't decide it's also a good weekend to be born.