Thursday, September 16, 2010

Brrr....

I was dumb this morning. I checked the weather and it was 48 degrees, so I thought it would be perfect bike weather...I always get too hot, so this morning would be a nice break from that. Only I've never biked in cooler weather and made some fatal mistakes:

1) I didn't wear socks in my bike sandals. Numb toes and feet.

2) It's kind of a darker day, so I didn't wear sunglasses. This meant wind in my eyes/face, and tears/snot streaming down my face.

3) Capri bike pants.

4) No ear protection.

5) No gloves. I have these sweet wristwarmers a colleague gave me when her mother-in-law gave them to her and she didn't like them. But, when I left I thought wristwarmers might be overkill. Yeah, no. Here's the thing...it's not like you can put your hands in your pockets on a bike. You kind of need them to make sure you don't run into anything. And can stop. So freezing fingers too.

All in all, I was fuh-reez-ing. Adjustments will be made. The good part? My average speed was a bit faster than usual because I wanted to get home and warm up!

No comments: