Thursday, March 22, 2007

the creation

Today was my birthday, and overall a very good day. I didn't have my usual middle school meeting this morning, so I slept in. My kids gave me a great gift, and a beautiful lily plant. Eventually I started being allergic to the plant so it had to go, but the thought was nice.

Right now I'm in the middle of creating a jello dish for my party tomorrow night. That's right, jello. John had the fabulous idea to have a jello potluck, and I'm having a great time being creative with it. My plan is that I'm making 2 different kinds of jello, molding it in muffin tins, and adding "surprise" things inside. Each one will be different. And, the best part is that I'll add cool whip to keep the ingredients secret, just like the lady at the church potluck. I'm thinking about adding meat to one as a prize--like whoever gets that one is the big winner...I'm not sure if I'll go through with it.

Anyway, that's 28--jello. hoorah!

1 comment:

RA said...

Happy birthday a day late! I love the jello party idea... but meat in jello is the most disgusting thing I've ever heard. Wish I could be there to party with you!