Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Het Weekend

Last weekend was the best of times and the worst of times. First, the best of times. Saturday morning we all went to the Buddy Walk, a walk for Down's Syndrome Awareness. It was slightly odd to be walking down main street Sioux Center with about 600 other people, but it was great to support those who have children with Down's, particularly my nephew. It was friggin' cold (around 40ish?) but fun.

Sat. afternoon I got to babysit the other nephew. It was fun! My mom and I gave him a bath after he ran around outside and got dirty. He's a great imitator, and makes this cheesy smile if you do it:
My brother hates it, but I think it's cute.

So that was the good part. Sat. night I stayed at my mom's house because I had planned to go to Covenant for church on Sunday. However, I must have caught some kind of stomach bug, and spent all night vomiting. Ick. Not a pretty sight. It was kind of nice to be sick at my mom's house though. She took good care of me, bringing me juice and making me cereal. (At my mom's house, it counts as "making breakfast" if you assemble cereal and milk and bring it to the person).

And I've been sick ever since...I think I caught a sinus infection at the same time, so I've been curled up on the couch since Sunday. Here are two upsides though: 1) I've finished up to the second part of season six on the Sopranos, and 2) I'll have LOTS of new podcasts to listen to when I go back to work, hopefully tomorrow.

Just for fun, another adorable picture of B-bop (his nickname), hairstyle by yours truly:

No comments: