Sunday, September 09, 2007

There's this thing...called winter...

So, you know how sometimes you know in your head that something is inevitable, but it really doesn't seem real? That's how I've been with winter. Actually, the whole move, but I'll try to stay on topic.

This weekend has been cold! It's only about 60 degrees today, which would've been a December or January temp. back in San Jose. The crazy thing is that it's only September. It seems unfair to have such an ominous warning arrive so early, despite the fact that we could still have a heat wave. Not that I didn't know it was coming...

Maybe some fall would help. Some leaves are changing, including in my yard. Each of my 2 Japanese Maple trees has 1 cluster of bright red leaves. The rest have been a muted reddish brown all summer. I always thought the whole tree was supposed to be bright red, but what do I know about plants?

Here's the leaf:
And the promised picture of my cake decorating attempt. (Just FYI--I did earn my cake decorating badge in Calvinettes)And just for fun, some more kitty goodness:

(Cow hanging out in the nearly empty because I haven't had winter forever sweater organizer)

Princess appreciates my feather pillow as much as I do.

1 comment:

Nellie said...

Thanks for the update! I need to update again...