Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve 2007

So none of ya'll are online to play Scrabulous with me. I don't blame you--it seems like all over the neighborhood people are partying with the fams. The neighbors across the street even scooped their front walk to set up flickering candles in paper bags, just to make it look more festive.

But my family has never really been one to do anything on the real holidays except get bored with one another. We usually have a Christmas party the week before, and then often take a vacation over the real holiday. This year that vacation will be in January, and the rents are gone, so it's me and the kitty parade for the holiday.

With a whole day and a half off, I've been trying to think about what to do. I feel like I need a project. If I don't have something that I'm doing or accomplishing on a break, I usually waste time on the internet or watching tv or something. I haven't found a project yet for this break, though laundry is sort of a need.

Anyway, lately I've been thinking about trying to write more, so maybe that can be a project. To be honest, I'm not really sure where to start. I really like to write, and some friends have been encouraging me to do it more, but other than this blog I'm not sure how/where to start. My friends who encouraged it would probably say just do it, and don't worry about what it's for. That's tough for me. But if I put myself in teacher mode, just doing it sounds like a good idea. We shall see. I'm not really looking for any results, just maybe enjoyment.

So that's random, but it's Christmas Eve. There's not really anything open, and the only movie I want to see, Juno, is not yet playing here, surprise, surprise. So maybe some reading tonight (I'm getting into the Poisonwood Bible again), maybe some laundry, and if I think of something to do, a project. If I don't think of anything, the project may be finishing off the leftover alcohol from last night. Mmmmm, Christmas Eve.

4 comments:

Chef Mayhem said...

You should watch at least a little TV. I've never found watching TV to be a waste of time. I wish I had a whole holiday to just sit and watch TV! For instance, from tonight through tomorrow night, Spike TV is having a CSI Marathon! Or, you could watch the Walt Disney World Christmas Special tomorrow morning on ABC and maybe you'll see me in the Disneyland segments! Actually, I don't think I was ever in the view of the camera, so scratch that idea.

But I guess the value of TV does depend at least a little on what you watch.

Merry Christmas Bridget!

donna said...

Sorry I wasn't online last night for scrabulous- we ended up having a baking extravaganza.

Anonymous said...

bridget,
just get to work like you did for your "bull" post. do it!

john

Unknown said...

Holy crap!

Finishing your left over booze. That is an awesome usage of time.

It's wicka, wicka, wicked.!

Have a merry Christmas!