Sunday, June 17, 2007

Motorin'

So I'm in the middle of Wyoming, with my first reliable internet since Thursday. I drove about 13 1/2 hours today, and listened to the first half of Middlesex. Very good. I am exhausted though. Sleep has eluded me the last few nights, and I knew it was trouble when I started yawning at 11am today.

It was also really sad to leave CA. There's not really that much to say about it, except that it doesn't really seem real. I was telling my friends that somehow it seems like they'll all just be there when I arrive tomorrow.

Speaking of friends, they helped pack the truck this weekend. It was quite a feat, and as you can see from the picture, the result is probably the best packed Uhaul on the roads. Oh, and the reflectors make it seem like it was also some sort of dance party. Which it was.

5 comments:

donna said...

What an amazing packing job! Glad to hear you got through your first day on the road ok. We miss you already!

Nellie said...

That is one organized truck! I was planning to stop by this weekend before you left, but A2 developed a fever and plans didn't go as planned! We are also glad to hear you made it through the first day of driving (especially if you were yawning at 11 am!).

Anonymous said...

Dude,
you make my legs look good! I'm going to let you take all my pictures. :)

Bridget said...

Awww! I miss you all already, too!

Brian W said...

I think we all look great with Red-eye!