Sunday, September 14, 2008

And all the rabbits went home...

It's been tough to write lately. Some of it's busyness, but some of it is also feeling aggravated a lot, and not really wanting to write incredibly boring or lame posts. I'm over that though, recognizing that no one is forced to read. :)

The aggravation is mostly work-related, as I am feeling like I don't really agree with what's going on there, and how the program I work for is working (or not working). So that kind of leaves me flat at the end of the day, and with a vast amount of discontent. I'm not really sure what to do with that, except maybe use it as incentive to get my butt to the gym. We shall see.

So since work is not at the top of my enjoyment list right now, I have really been enjoying my free time. I include teaching my class in there, and I'm really, really liking it. I think it's something I'd like to keep doing. I'm not sure about full time b/c that would probably involve moving again and a PhD, neither of which I'm ready to do right now. But it's definitely something I am feeling like is a great outlet. The first class was scary, and sweaty (so dang hot in the building), but the last one (my second) was really good. I know the students a bit now, and they're a lot of fun. I did have to ask a girl to stop eating chips during class, and felt a bit bitchy when she said she didn't have time for dinner, but oh well...chip eating during class is annoying.

I've also been hanging out with the family, and this weekend we went to the county fair with one of my nephews and his fam. We ate all the typical fair foods, watched a big cat show (my mom and sister-in-law thought it was going to be oversized domestic cats...it was tigers), and walked through many an animal barn. All night I wanted to go to the poultry/rabbit barn because my nephew loves bunnies. Alas, when we got there, all the cages were empty and there was sawdust piled on the floor. All the bunnies had gone home.

Here are some pictures of what they did have at thefair:


Llamas, and I kid you not, some of them were in costume.



Pigs in the swine barn. Baby pigs were promised, but not delivered.

What I can only call "farm implements," because I don't know the names of really any of the machinery. I do know that family wanted pictures taken in the machinery, but my nephew was not so into the plan.

The fair also had duckies you could pluck out of a pond for $2, and earn this incredibly loud horn. Thankfully the horn had to go "nigh night" before we got in the car.
The fair in all its glory

2 comments:

meganleah said...

So, you did get some good fair time in. It's a good thing. I was not able to be a trophy girl this year due to child #3 and loudness of the event. Oh well, there's always next year.

What class are you teaching and where are you teaching it?

Bridget said...

Hey Megan! Yes, some good times at the fair. Hopefully you can return to trophy girl status sometime soon! :)

The class I'm teaching is an ESL (English as a Second langauge) methods class at Dordt. It's been really fun!