Wednesday, September 10, 2008

So I was reading Engrish.com tonight, and came across this, which reminded me of a good story from this summer. My parents took a vacation at the same time as my brother and sister-in-law, which meant they could hang out with my nephew a whole bunch. So one day they're at the park, and my nephew must have found a few other kids to play with. My parents were talking to them, and this is how my dad explained what happened next. He said "Well, I asked him if he wanted some candy. I told him he could come over to my car and I would give him some candy." At which point I shrieked "You did not!! That's totally what a kidnapper does." And my dad said "Well, I wasn't going to kidnap him. But he said he couldn't come over to my car, so I left the candy by his bike."

It might be way funnier if you know my dad, but I thought it was pretty darn funny.

No comments: