Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Must Read

I would never have picked up A Dirty Job on my own. But, I joined a summer book club, and already missed the first meeting...so I thought I had better make sure I make it to the second one.

And I loved the book.

Describing the plot would just make it sound dumb, and anyway you can read that for yourself. Here's why I liked it--Charlie is an interesting protagonist. And there is an amazingly interesting cast of supporting characters, including someone named Minty Fresh. The book is clever, somewhat plot driven, and although the ending was somewhat unsatisfying to me, I would highly recommend it. Who wouldn't want to read a book about Death? (I wouldn't, but having read it, I'd recommend you do)

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

I know, I loved that book! Minty Fresh was my favorite. It was so random and strange, but oddly entertaining...