Monday, February 02, 2009

So my department at school has a student lounge for students who are majoring in DCOM (communication disorders). It's nice because it's close to my classes, and has a microwave, computers, etc, so I spend a bit of time there inbetween my classes. But there's this group of really loud girls in there someday, who seem to have nothing academically-related to do, and therefore talk about getting wasted on tequila shots and how much they hate being in school (one of my pet peeves).

And today, I had to seriously stifle myself so I didn't laugh out loud. They must be in their final semesters, because they were talking about moving up to Sioux Falls. One girl must already have an apartment because she was telling another girl that she should rent a condo near the first girl. But the second girl didn't want to--she wants to rent a loft downtown Sioux Falls. And here is what she said about it: "I just want to live in a loft in downtown. It makes me feel like I'm in New York City!"

Um, wow. It almost sounds like a Redneck joke...You know you're a redneck if...

No comments: