Wednesday, March 22, 2006


Today is my "day of birth," as Dave put it. Once again, my kids and school have been overwhelming. The 7th grade class, or at least my room mom, gave me a dozen green roses, like the ones in the picture. Actually, the 5th grade sister of one of my students brought them to me, with a Mango-a-go-go Jamba Juice, and said "Hi! N picked these out for you (the brother in my class) because he knows that green is your favorite color. Isn't that the sweetest thing you've ever heard?

Another teacher brought me flowers from her garden, which smell amazing. At lunch one of the office staff brought me a Starbucks Carmel Macchiato, and she gave me a basket with Harry and David stuff and a Barnes and Noble gift certificate.

Wow. What an amazing place to work.

3 comments:

trcdkk said...

Happy day after your birthday!

Bridget said...

Thanks!

Kristin said...

Happy birthday!!! I'm glad it was good.