Tuesday, August 29, 2006

First Happy Child Moment of the New Year

This morning two of my now eighth grade girls came in and said they had a present for me. I was a little surprised, but thought it would be fun. It turns out they finished a story they had started writing with another friend during seventh grade, last year. They must've finished it over the summer, photocopied it, and gave me their first copy. They told me not to read the last page until I was finished with the whole book, but I couldn't stop myself. It was so cute! They thanked me for taking away their first book during class last year because it gave them ideas for this one, and thanked me for my "support" and help. How sweet! Oh, and when they become published and make gads of money they promised to remember me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

it's a good thing you noted their promise in your blog forever to be recorded in cyberspace so you can use this for proof someday when you file a lawsuit demanding your piece of the pie. way to plan ahead!