Sunday, August 13, 2006

I've been...

Earlier this week a friend wrote and asked if everything was okay, since I haven't posted in a while. Yes, things are fine. Mostly I haven't posted because I've been at my parents' lake house with only a dial-up connection. We spent the week because my dad loves the Okoboji Bible Conference. It's not really my thing, but a week at the lake is always fun.

I also took a trip up to Minnesota for Heather's wedding. She and her husband got married outside, under a gorgeous grove of trees. It also happened to take place near a corn field, so we took a group photo.Donna and I drove up to the wedding together, and spent some time hanging out with everyone. We met Megan's kids, Cristina's husband, and Kristin's Italian fiance.

Perhaps the most exciting part of the MN trip was that we went with Megan to a county fair and a tractor pull. I think I've been to a tractor pull long, long ago, but I didn't remember how crazy it was.Not only did we get to watch the tractor pull, but we actually handed out the trophies. I guess Megan's family has been doing it for years, so we helped her hand out trophies with tractors and pickups on the tops. It was actually a lot of fun!

Tomorrow I head home. Donna and I actually both fly back tomorrow, but 12 hours apart. We've talked about leaving notes or other items in the airports, but I'm sure that would be frowned upon in the current situation.

1 comment:

donna said...

I hope your flight goes well! I got to the airport super early... and, of course, there was absolutely no one ahead of me in the security line! It took me a total of 10 minutes to check my bags and get to the gate.