Thursday, April 12, 2007

I love spring break!

Spring break is a very good thing. I know, I can hear everyone...yeah, yeah, it must be nice to have 3 months off and all these breaks. Frankly, yes, it is good. I'm not sure teachers could do their jobs without the breaks.

That being said, I am so ready to give them up for a new job. One of the things I've been doing is internet job searching over the break. I've applied for one job I'm really interested in, so we'll see what comes of that. I'm pretty excited about it, but I'm not quite ready to talk about it on the blog yet. If you're interested, e-mail and I'll tell you about it.

I've also been listening to a lot of radio and reading. This morning I caught an episode of This American Life about dream jobs...very interesting. I also finished reading The Tortilla Curtain, and I'm in the middle of In Cold Blood. I've also discovered that Anne Lamott has another book out, though I'm a little leery. Her last book, Plan B, really disappointed me. Has anyone read her newest one, Grace (Eventually)?

Tonight I'm going to Monterey to see my friend Mary, a long awaited catch up session. We met each other working at desks next to each other as work study minions at the Monterey Institute, and we've kept in touch since.

My plans for this week also included some household purging, but we'll see if I get there. Just taking it easy has been awfully good, I'm not sure I want to spoil it with too much work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ironically i'm listening to that episode of this american life as we speak! it's my friday morning ritual as i work on sunday's powerpoint stuff... make's the tedious a bit more enjoyable...
enjoy spring break!

sara p.