Saturday, April 07, 2007

Loving on the Babies!


Happy Easter from me and Talan! The picture is blurry--sorry about that! We had a great time getting reacquainted at the airport though. And that's Blaine on the right, wearing capri pajama pants. I love it!

All the family has been good, but a little...well, exhausting. Ya'll know how it is. It's a great thing to see them, but it's also good to have my own hotel room. And with free wireless, it's awesome.

Today was a gigantic family party, probably 50 people or so. Some of them I haven't seen for 5 or 6 years, so it took a while to feel like I knew who they were again. It was at my mom's cousin's house, built in 1823. Much food was consumed, and much sitting around commenced. Afterwards more sitting and eating at my grandparents' house. Oh, and much shouting. I don't know if it's just my family, but they're terrible at listening at each other. They're also not so good at the logistics of sitting near the person you're speaking to, so the whole affair was quite loud and confusing. The babies did great though, and Blaine held a baby duck. It was actually less holding than squeezing until his mommy made him put it down before he killed it. That was fun.

Tomorrow is church and more baby watching. Have a blessed Easter, and for those of you having Easter in SJC, have a mimosa for me!

No comments: