Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Random Bits

I get to see the babies this weekend! I'm posting this picture in the hopes that the rest of ya'll think it's as funny as I do. Somehow people think that it's not okay to laugh at babies, but I think the faux nose picking is hilarious.

The trip to PA will be the first all family trip with both babies in tow. I can't wait to see them, but I'm also glad to be traveling alone and having my own hotel room. I think it's one of the joys of being an aunt. It's almost like catch and release when you're fishing. You get the fun parts, but you always give them back in the end. Not that I really fish all that much...

People are asking about the job search, and what I would like to do when I move. Um, I'll get back to you on that. A wise friend gave some great advice, but I'm still mostly just waiting for a great job to walk up and introduce itself.

My jello birthday party was great. I made jello surprises (have I said this already?). I put them in muffin cups, and each one held different "fun" ingredients. Some people got different types of fruits, some had carrots or cucumbers, and some had all of the above. Hence the name "jello surprise." Needless to say, there were a few surprises left at the end of the night. The bigger hit was the ham buns I made, with the help of the Christian school cookbook. I know, I know, how hard can a ham bun be? Well, if you're only half Dutch, it's harder than you think. And if your completely Irish mother never made ham buns, it's quite an accomplishment.

And, a random kid story. I posted a few quotes from research papers a ways back, but the star of the bunch came at the end of the research paper pile. One of the kids described Martin Luther King, Jr. as a "non-violent, low-profile, sinner Jesus." If you say it fast, it sounds like "synerjesus," some new mega-church term for synergizing with Jesus. Another favorite from that paper was that MLK tag-teamed with Rosa Parks to put the icing on the cake. Rock on.

No comments: