Wednesday, October 01, 2008

When I make decisions I feel the need to talk about them, incessantly. And right now I'm thinking about decisions...what to do in the next few months, years, etc. I think I've chosen (go back to school, again), but before I make it official I think I need to talk about it more.

Maybe it's dramatic, but making a decision like going back to school seems so much more weighty now than it did when I went back one year after college. Granted, a lot has changed since then, but now it feels like a much more final decision. It's probably because my 30th birthday is around the corner, and I'm still not sure what I want to do with my life.

That's not exactly true either, though. Teaching a college class has made things more clear...teaching is definitely my calling, it's just a matter of where and who. And as much as being almost 30 makes me feel like I should pick a path and stick to it, I also recognize there's a whole lot of time left to do different things. Someone once asked me if my family thinks I'm "flighty," and I wasn't sure how to take it. I'm still not, but I recognize why he asked.

Anyway, I suppose in total there's not much to say tonight, but like I said, I needed to talk about it.

2 comments:

Hannah G said...

Such fun to read through your blog and catch up with you from a distance! Back to grad school, eh? Sounds like a great move to me. But then again, college always seems like a comfortable place to me, since it's pretty much been the backdrop of my whole life (born to a grad student who became a professor who became a college president; got through my own four years; and then married an undergrad who immediately became a grad student who became a professor). Enjoy the rest of your semester!

Bridget said...

I'm so glad to catch up with you too! Did you see that we did the fair thing too? :)