Thursday, January 05, 2006

Tag!

So, appearantly Heather has "tagged" me and my blog. As in "You're it!" And, according to Heather, the rules are that I have to tell ya'll 5 things you may not know about me. Although I'm not sure if Heather can be trusted...hmm, although she got it from Cristina, and I'm pretty sure she's trustworthy.

So, 5 things:

1) There is a home video of me, when I'm maybe 7 or so, where my brother and I are playing with colored blocks. the blocks were these circular, sort of hexagonal (but with more sides) things, that were no big deal. So we're playing on the video, and my brother Gabe wants to have some blocks. I actually tell him, on the video that "You can't have them. You don't know how to play with them!" Um, they were blocks...Anyway, my mom hauled out the middle name, as in "Bridget Nicole! If you don't play nice, you are going to get a spanking." So I tell her that I'm trying to sort them by color and Gabe doesn't know how. He was about 5, and I'm sure he really did know how. So about 30 seconds later, for some reason, I look straight at the video camera, and say "I love you" while making the motions we must have learned in Sunday school. Then I look at Gabe, and say "I hate you" and stick my tongue out at him. And my mom was not happy, saying "Bridget Nicole, that's it, you're being a naughty girl."

2) When I was also very young, 4 or 5, my parents took us to the high school boys' state tournament. My dad used to teach for Western Christian, and their mascot at that time was an Indian. So when they took us to the state tournament, we all dressed in Indian costumes, headdress and all. Once while we were dressed that way my dad locked the keys out of our van, and so we were left standing in a hotel parking lot in Des Moines at 11pm dressed in Indian costumes. I have pictures.


3) I wanted to name my youngest brother Barkley when he was born, after the dog on Sesame Street.

4) Since Heather had a recurring dream, I might as well too. My recurring dream is that I'm in a house or hotel, and fall from a great height. But I don't ever fall to the ground, I always land hanging onto something--a banister, light fixture, etc. And I never get hurt. It's like I have a cat-like ability in the dreams to grab onto objects as I fall.

5) I used to be in love with Joe from the New Kids on the Block. Everyone picked a New Kid to call their own, and I picked Joe because he was the youngest, and therefore it was most practical for us to get married.

So, there are my five things, and according to Heather, I now get to pick 5 people to tag. So, if you're reading this, you're it:

Dave
Jason
Kristin E.
Kristin A.
Donna (this means you need to start a blog!)

4 comments:

Heather said...

I am shocked...you doubt my trust worthiness?

Anyway, I do have to laugh that you tagged Donna because I thought about doing the same thing.

Bridget said...

I just know that you LOVE games Heather, and who knows if you're just changing the rules to make it more fun? And I thought Donna might need just a little encouragement. :)

Anonymous said...

Aaarrgh!

Since I've returned to internet access after vacation, I suppose I have no more excuses...

Bridget said...

Sweet! We're looking forward to it, Donna!