Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Yogalicious

Last week Mon. I went to a yoga class with Donna and Jen, and it totally kicked my butt. I could hardly lift my textbooks the next day. Last night I went, and I'm not that sore. That's yogalicious!

Oh yeah, and there's this weird move in yoga called "happy baby." You lay on your back with your legs in the air, grab your big toes, and extend your legs above your head. I would like to suggest "birthing mother" as an alternate name...Not yogalicious. I heard Donna snicker out loud when the instructor told us the name. Go Donna.

3 comments:

jason vande brake said...

Funny! "The Happy Baby" is a position we use in our Fitzmaurice vocal training (which involves yoga and yoga-like things). Another very similar position which involves lying on your back, extending your legs upward and letting them fall apart (toward the ground) is called "The Saul." "Saul" is Catherine Fitzmaurice's son's name.

Bridget said...

I can see where it gets the name. It still is a little awkward when the yoga room is a glass-windowed room in the middle of Bally's.

Heather said...

Ah..you got to love architectual humor.