Sunday, April 09, 2006



After a disappointing phone call with the Intel guy, I am happy to say I had a more successful phone call with the mentor from ThinkQuest. In fact, it was a great, if short, conversation, and I will be going up to meet her on Tuesday. I'm not sure if this means I have the fellowship, or I have an interview for the position. Either way, I'm happy.

If I got the position, I would be working on writing coach resources for Thinkquest coaches. Thinkquest is a competition, run by the Oracle Education Foundation for students to build their own webquests, with a teacher guide. The best part is that I would get to learn some skills that I've wanted to for a while, particularly HTML and website design. The more I learn about it, the more excited I am. Wish me luck Tuesday.

4 comments:

Gabriel Florit said...

good luck. i think i met you once, at dave's. anyways, i stole your reading list idea. now my peers say i'm pretentious. fooey! i say.

donna said...

ThinkQuest looks really interesting- good luck tomorrow!

I took my first HTML class today- looks like it's going to be a lot of fun.

Bridget said...

Hi Gabe. I think we did meet at dave's, and also at an Irish pub after someone's wedding...Ryan and Steph maybe? Thanks for the good wishes. And I like the books--mostly so that my friends will do it and I can see what they're reading.

donna, I'm kind of jealous of the HTML class, although if I get the ThinkQuest job, maybe we can do a combined Dutch/HTML study group for ourselves. :)

donna said...

We can make a Dutch website!