Friday, December 22, 2006

Baby on the Beach

This trip to Hawaii will be the first time I'll get to hang out with my nephew Blaine on the beach. Every time I think about him hanging out at the beach, I'm reminded of something Anne Lamott wrote. She was writing something about being on the beach near San Quentin, and her description of two babies in the sand was outstanding--she said they were lurching around like 20-pound drug addicts, rolling in the sand until they looked like little breaded veal cutlets.

The description is perfect for Blaine. I've been calling him my little crack baby ever since he was born since he's constantly shaking and waving his hands around like he needs a fix.

The other fun thing about the trip is that Blaine will be wearing this. Hilarious. Back to laundry and packing.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Classic. Anne Lamott really makes some of the most memorable word pictures.