Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Church

One of my least favorite parts of moving is finding a new church. I know some people don't like the term, but lately I've been church shopping. There's really no good term for it...church visiting, or church trying or church fitting in maybe.

There seem to be two types of churches here. The first is the married people's traditional church with children, and the other is the younger folks' "seeker friendly" church. I'm not sure I fit anywhere at the first type, and the second, well, I'm not sure I can hack it in the long term.

It makes me want to just move back to California. I miss my tiny church with all the friendly people.

2 comments:

Nellie said...

We miss you too.

donna said...

I must agree that your church in PA is one of the friendliest ones I've been to, and I've done a lot of church shopping! ;-)