Thursday, June 08, 2006

Argh!

I can't sleep. My poor students...I've felt exhausted every day this week for lack of sleep. It's aggravating to me because I like to be very efficient. If I'm not sleeping, I should be doing something else, not just lying in bed waiting to sleep.

So, I'm making a list of activities I'd like to do this summer. My colleague/friend Becky and I have been talking about what to do since we're both not working this summer for the first time in many moons. Here's what we've discussed so far:

1) Outlet mall shopping
2) Trip to the aquarium
3) Trip to the beach (with books, yea!)
4) Quilting (Becky knows how and will teach me, though I'm not sure I have the patience)
5) Laying out by the pool at my apartment
6) Shopping for a bike for me--again, Becky is the expert here

I'm not sure what else...there's always the library, and maybe Donna can teach me some of the HTML stuff she's learning...

Other ideas?

5 comments:

donna said...

What kind of bike are you getting? Can I come bike shopping too? :-)

I'll teach you everything I know about HTML.

Oh crap- I just remebered we need to go see the exposed part of the Hayward fault before the end of June- You can add that to your list!

Heather said...

I recommend staying at the hostel at Point Reyes, it is super inexpensive and there is some great hikes.

Also you should go to San Fran and watch the "bush man" as he tries to scare unexpecting tourists:)

Nellie said...

I think you should come to Filoli with Nathan and me. Maybe one day after church....

Bridget said...

What's Filoli?

Nellie said...

Filoli (check it out at www.filoli.org) is one of the finest remaining country estates of the 20th century (according to their website). It has 26 acres of formal gardens, plus more that are not formal. You can take hikes up there, tour the house and formal gardens, etc.