Sunday, June 25, 2006

Wait....Hull has a website? Oh my, I was just looking for the link to the town website, and found it has a Wikipedia entry too.

Times sure have changed. The website says they have both a Summerfest and a Winterfest. When I was growing up there was only Horse Shoe Days, which I don't see on the Events Calendar. Oh, and the population (according to Wikipedia) has grown from about 1,700 when I lived there to 1,960. It brings to mind Maurice's apt but strangely suggestive motto: "Small in size, but on the rise!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love town mottos. There's another small town in the area, maybe Ireton or Sanborn, the motto is:
Ireton- A really nice place to live

It may be a really nice place but it certainly doesn't inspire a lot of creativity.

Anonymous said...

ahhh - this motto is indeed from the wonderful town of ireton... i always loved driving into town and seeing the chipped and fading paint on the sign proclaiming such such a profound message about the place where i lived... ironically it was a fairly true statement for the most part...

Unknown said...

actually, it's sheldon's motto. or maybe both. But I know Sheldon uses it.