Sunday, June 04, 2006

A Delightful Afternoon


This afternoon my church had a combined Pentencost service with the Korean church that rents our building. It was an outdoor service at a local park with an amazing view of the hills around us. After the service there was a potluck with lots of good fruit, kim-chi, and outstanding Korean BBQ.


The service itself was interesting, and very fitting for Pentecost. We had two readers, one in English and one in Korean. Then the sermon was also given in both languages. Maybe it's because I really love linguistics, but I love listening to other languages being spoken. And I actually got to participate today. The person who was going to read the scripture was home sick with his kid, so I got to read the Pentecost story from the book of Acts for our church.

It was so nice to actually want to hang out with people from church. Usually I'm not wanting to hang around after church for a long time because I hate the awkwardness of trying to figure out who to talk to, but the people in this church are so friendly. Janelle and I even played on the swings, even if it was on her daughter's command. :)

The afternoon was gorgeous as well--upper 70s, a light breeze, perfect weather for being outdoors.

No comments: