Saturday, February 11, 2006

Bring on the Bats and California Condors!

Yea! Tomorrow I'm going to Pinnacles National Monument with some friends, and I'm hoping to see many good animals including the Townsend's Big-Eared Bat, and hopefully a Condor or two. Jen and I were sure we saw Condors in Big Sur a few years ago, but alas, Brian was right--they were not condors. However, tomorrow there's a good chance. Appearantly they've been breeding and releasing Condors at Pinnacles to bring back the population.

I'm usually not so outdoorsy, but being back in California encourages me to get out. Oh, and the fact that we're not hard-core hiking, more like hiking lite. We're mostly going to see the caves and animals, and to picnic. I'm hoping to come back with some kickass pictures to post here. I'm a little nervous though...the last time I went hiking, in Haiti on my birthday, I lost my camera in a gigantic, beautiful basin under a waterfall. I'm still not sure if our "guide" dropped it or stole it. I'll have to go easy on the drinks before hiking.

1 comment:

Heather said...

You are going to have so much fun. I only went to the pinnacles once when I was living in San Jose but it was a great experience.