Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Stressed out dreams

I haven't really been too stressed out lately, just sort of burnt out about school. Colleagues have said it's the February doldrums, that every year they feel this way. Anyway, it's been showing up in my dreams in strange ways. Two examples:

1) A few nights ago, I dreamt (all the sudden I don't know if it's dreamed or drempt or dreamt) that another teacher at school was in my classroom, and yelling uncontrollably at me about the way I had taught something. I yelled back, and we ended up physically fighting in front of my whole homeroom. It was crazy--pullling hair and everything.

2) Last night, I dreamed that I at some point in this school year had an epiphany and realized that I had never finished my degree at Dordt. So, I had to go back and do 2 more classes and student teaching. I was agonizing over having to move back in with my parents, and wondering if I should keep my apartment here, etc. The really strange part is that at some point in the dream the logical part of my brain kicked in and sort of nudged me to consider that I had obtained a job and an M.A., which would be difficult without a B.A. But I still had to go back and finish school...

Then I woke up at 5:43am, and was happy that I had both my B.A., and another half hour to sleep.

1 comment:

donna said...

That's so weird! I had a similar dream a while ago. Somehow someone took away my BA, and I freaked out. Now I remember! They found out I had plagiarized some paper. (which I didn't, in case any Dordt officials read this)

Somehow I still had the MA though. But it didn't get to the point of me returning to Dordt. I think I was probably too ashamed ;)