Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Who me, perky?

Ah, 8th grade girls. As I walked into school this morning, I thought to myself "well, if you walk into class and act like you want to be there, the whole day will go easier." So I did that, smiling and pretending I was all cheery and happy to see everyone. It sort of worked.

Then, an 8th grade girl looked at me and said "Wow, you're perky today." And unfortunately tone can't be communicated very well in a blog, but it was said with about a medium amount of attitude. And I SO badly wanted to say "Well, it's either perky or bitch, you choose." Of course, I very quickly calculated how many angry parents I would have if I actually said the word "bitch" in class and restrained myself. Instead I said "hmm, perky? me? wow....well, um, the other option is....well, being crabby. Perky is better I think."

My friend Becky said I should have looked down at my chest and said "yeah, I got a new bra. It's working well, isn't it?"

No comments: