Saturday, February 18, 2006

Long Weekend...

We have today and Mon. off of school for President's Day. And since I love nothing better than coffee in my pajamas, this morning was wonderful. Let me re-phrase...not coffee inside my pajamas, but drinking coffee while still in my pajamas. Today I didn't actually get dressed until 4pm, and like Kristin, I love that.

I started off the long weekend last night by watching March of the Penguins...I wasn't as excited about it as I had hoped. The penguins were unique, and the babies adorable, but it just left me with too many questions. Like why don't they just live by the water's edge instead of trekking back and forth all the time. And I would imagine it'd be warmer by the water's edge as well. And I had heard some sort of hubbub about the fact that penguins are monogamous, something about Christians using that as evidence for some sort of assanine theory, but if you listen closely, Morgan Freeman makes it clear they're only monogamous for a year. Which is sort of like hanging around till the baby's born, then taking off. What about child support?

Anyway...I'm glad for the time off school. I've been feeling sort of mean and aggressive lately, so it's good I'm not with the children. I understand road rage now though. Something that made me feel less mean was buying a charming "nursery bath wrap" for a colleague's newborn baby. I love any baby clothes with hoods that have ears. They rock.

2 comments:

Heather said...

So I have never heard Christians use the penguin mating for life theory to support monogamy...but on "Never Been Kissed" Drew's character talks about a specific type of penguin (something like Adeli Penguins?) that mate for life. And since I am sure that that movie was well researched maybe only some penguins are mate for lifers.

donna said...

This reminds me of the gay penguins on the Daily Show.